Thursday 11 October 2012

Assighnment 2: Shutter speed (abstract images)

Shutter speed controls the amount of time the shutter is open, which lets light through to the sensor/film and you can control exposure using it. Shutter speed is measued in fractions of a second. I am going to be using slow shutter speeds to create abstract images.  I think abstract photography is about contrast of colours, textures and shapes. You can use your imagination in a diffrent way with abstract images because alot of the time there is no subject to focus on. These are my first attempts at creating abstract images using shutter speeds. I used a Cannon EOS 550D with the TV setting on my camara and i have used diffrent camara movements to create diffrent affects and i have used diffrent light settings when taking the images..

 Sunset: 1/8 - i moved the camara from left to right whilst taking this picture.
.
 Stranger: 1/15 - i think this image is dark and mystrous and i think the mix of colour works well.
 Rush: 1/15 - you can tell what direstion i moved the camara in by looking at this image

 Whirled wind: 1/13 - i took the image looking up facing the trees and i have spun around whilst taking the shot. I like the way the light looks like a whirled wind. 
 
                          Soft: 1/8 : I think that the colours and textures in this image are pastel like

           Jazz man: 0"3 - This is an oil painting my dad has painted and i have taken the image whilst moving the camara in a circula movment.


                         Guitar: 0"3




 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment